This project involved the removal of the façade to the existing sports hall to enable a new 2-storey extension to be constructed using a steel frame.
- Large fitness suite and female changing area to the first floor, with gymnasium and male changing to the ground floor
- Changing facilities are complete with new showers, benching and an accessible toilet
- The state of the art gym and fitness suite are also fitted with specialist flooring to allow various activities to be carried out
- Both floors are complete with offices and storage rooms
- Externally, the new façade continues the theme of fair faced concrete blockwork with sinusoidal and rainscreen cladding
All works on Cardinal Hume were carried out in a live school environment with the health and safety of the staff and pupils paramount, as well as keeping disruption to teaching to an absolute minimum. The staff and pupils are absolutely delighted with the sports hall and the facilities now available to them.