This project was a phased construction of 12 residential flats together with associated external works, on an exposed brownfield site in North Shields.
- Preservation and incorporation of an existing derelict building conserved due to its important heritage status
- Due to the condition of the building work involved a detailed retention system to ensure safe working conditions within the structure
- High spec finishes to glazing, balconies and solid oak staircases throughout
- The works were carried out on an extremely tight site between a busy road, existing multi-storey residential development and the River Tyne
- Piling was required adjacent to the existing quay wall, and as such required designing to minimise the risk of any surcharging
- A light gauge structural metal framing solution was employed to provide speed of construction due to the site’s exposed nature adjacent to the river