This care home project in Ponteland was split into two phases: the first was a traditional build whereas the second was a steel structure. Both consisted of a brick and ashlar stone outer façade to levels 1 & 2 with a render finish, and decorative clad panels to upper level 3.
The assisted living units are a timber frame system designed to reflect the main characteristics of the care home. They include disabled access platform lifts.
The roof void of the main building contains access to level 4 which includes a hair salon, nail bar, cinema, activity area and laundry room as well as the main plant room.
- 65 en-suite bedrooms with shower facilities
- 4 larger suites with shower, living room and kitchen
- Assisted living units consisting of 4 town houses and 2 bungalows
- 2 passenger lifts
- Dining rooms and café bar
- Spacious landscaped gardens
- Stone feature entrance with glass canopy and external balustrade balconies
- Wi-Fi access
- Selection of rooms with private patios
- TV lounge and quiet lounge
- Full laundry provision
- Opulent furnishings and design