This project has transformed access to the interior of the Grade I listed Cathedral in the centre of Newcastle. The work was completed in a very short time and everyone at the Cathedral was absolutely delighted with the speed and professionalism of delivery, especially as we were able to maintain access with no disruption to any services.
- Refurbishment of the outdated toilets turning the existing men’s toilets into unisex and accessible facilities
- Platform lift installed to create disabled access to The Lantern Café from the Cathedral
- Installation of a lift up to the Education Centre which houses facilities for educational visits, Junior Church, and meeting rooms
- Redecoration of existing cast iron – including replacement and repair of damaged sections
- Removal of the flat roof and installation of a single ply membrane followed by reinstatement of the roof with lead flashing and edge detail.