This project was the construction of a two-storey steel-framed veterinary hospital with state of the art facilities such as an MRI unit and CT scanner and X-ray facilities along with operating theatres and recovering units.
- Award winning building structure honoured for its outstanding design within the built environment
- Also recognised in the climate change category for the Eco-friendly installations throughout the building
- Installation of a green sedum roof system as part of the Biodiversity strategy
- Specialist state of the art operating theatres installed with associated clinical equipment
- Medical gas distribution network
- X-ray facilities
- Construction of staff accommodation and training facilities
The impressive plant room houses an N+N+1 System. The primary source of heat is a Biomass Boiler with a back-up LPG Gas Boiler. The entire system is electronically controlled via a Building Management System. PV has been installed which produces 20kw internally and externally by exporting to the grid. A 40kw UPS system allows for 20 hours of supply to the high dependency units and operating theatres in the event of a disruption to the electrical supply.