We have just finished our investment in BIM, adding to our existing range of design services.
If you haven’t come across BIM before it stands for Building Information Modelling. BIM allows us to create a digital model of our projects, and is a process for ensuring that all of the design information flows together into one coherent project.
In short, BIM is replacing traditional drawing methods as the industry standard which reduces mistakes and lead times. It is also being driven by government mandate.
For our clients this means that we can improve our project delivery in the following ways:
- Working dynamically with consultants in a holistic manner, rather than separate packages.
- Speeding up client handover.
- Reducing programme risk.
- Providing mobile access of information to site.
- Improving health and safety design.
- Semi-automating material take offs.
- Providing 3d Visualisations to better understand design intent.
- Improving temporary works design.
In essence, our BIM system will allow greater collaboration between our clients, consultants and our in-house design team.
If you want to find out how our approach to design can improve the delivery of your construction projects please get in touch with Amanda de Lussey on 0191 4921800.