As Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will provide support for the commercial management of projects for internal and external clients. In this role you will be responsible to the Department Senior QS or Commercial Manager.
This will include, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Be aware and understand the companies Health and Safety procedures, promote the same to the supply chain and within Meldrum;
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and policies;
- Preparing bills of quantities and re-measure works;
- Procurement of sub-contractors in-line with the agreed project procurement strategy;
- Managing costs on a wide variety of projects;
- Undertaking costs value analysis including cost value reporting;
- Price up variations and obtain agreement with clients;
- Valuing works as they progress and agreeing final accounts;
- Compile programme based cost to complete / project budgets;
- Identify and support the management of project risks and opportunities;
- Provide commercial advice to the site team as and when required;
- Develop awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Assist with the preparation of contractual claims
You must be degree qualified with a minimum of 1-2 years experience.
You will be expected to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality at all times regarding the company and its Clients. You must also work efficiently and safely at all times in accordance with the appropriate training, the Company Safety Policy and HSE guidelines.
Your ability to relate well with Clients and Staff and to maintain high professional standards is very important, alongside your ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner both in writing and verbally. In doing so, you must also ensure an appropriate standard of dress and personal appearance is maintained at all times.
You should demonstrate and use initiative to carry out work with some supervision, including the skills to prioritise and work to strict deadlines whilst paying close attention to detail. This will be reinforced by demonstrating an enthusiastic, flexible and conscientious approach to work.
Once inducted, you should demonstrate a clear understanding of the Company’s structure, values and procedures, including the QEMS. In relation to this, you must advise your line manager immediately of any visits to site by external agencies such as the Health & Safety Executive, Environmental Health Officers etc.
The main duties listed above are not intended to be exhaustive and may be revised in accordance with the requirements of the department and the company.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Meldrum is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply by sending a covering letter and a copy of your current CV.to email@example.com
Or by post to
Meldrum Construction Services Ltd
Tyne and Wear