The role of the Business Support Services Assistant is to report to the Head of Business Support Services and assisting them where appropriate to fulfil their role.
The successful candidate will be a team player who can work on their own initiative and be creative. They will need to be able to compile information quickly. This is a wide-ranging role with Marketing, Communication and Administration skills required.
This will include, but is not limited to, the following duties:
- Provide Admin support to the Head of Business Support Services as required and PA support to the Commercial Director.
- Attend meetings (internal & external) where required including taking and typing minutes and actions.
- Use Workspace to run reports as required.
- Provide cover when the MD’s PA is on holiday.
- Assist the Bid Team with writing material for EOIs, PQQs and ITTs including any related supported documents. They will work in conjunction with the Bid Team to ensure bids are submitted in a timely manner.
- Compose and assist with internal and external communication, including:
- Staff newsletter (The Bugle)
- PowerPoint presentations (Internal / External)
- Staffing/org updates
- Preparation of marketing materials including:
- Case Studies / Project Examples
- Arranging photo shoots for projects
- Website content
- Assist the Head of BSS with building brand consistency, developing brand guidelines and building brand awareness.
You will contribute to the overall running and continuous improvement of the business, along with development of the Department, by ensuring that the highest professional standards are maintained to continually improve the service given to Clients. This includes:
- Identifying problems and offering solutions.
- Ensuring the Company’s QEMS procedures are followed, and offering suggestions as to their development and improvement
- Encouraging and developing teamwork both within your team and between teams, internally and externally.
You will be expected to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality at all times regarding the company and its Clients. You must also work efficiently and safely at all times in accordance with the appropriate training, the Company Safety Policy and HSE guidelines.
Your ability to relate well with Clients and Staff and to maintain high professional standards is very important, alongside your ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner both in writing and verbally. In doing so you must also ensure an appropriate standard of dress and personal appearance is maintained at all times.
You should demonstrate and use initiative to carry out work with minimal supervision, including the skills to prioritise and work to strict deadlines whilst paying close attention to detail. This will be reinforced by demonstrating an enthusiastic, flexible and conscientious approach to work.
Once inducted, you should demonstrate a clear understanding of the Company’s structure, values and procedures, including the QEMS.
The main duties listed above are not intended to be exhaustive and may be revised in accordance with the requirements of the department and the company.