The role of Structures Fabricator within the Structures Department is key in the smooth production of steelwork. The role will report into the Structures Workshop Supervisor with whom you will work very closely with to carry out the works required on the shop floor.
The Structures Fabricator will be required to provide technical advice, knowledge, assistance and intervention to carry out the fabrication of all steelwork. To carry out checks at predetermined intervals. To ensure adherence to all safe systems of work on the shop floor and to work to company Health and Safety policy at all times.
This will include, but is not limited to, the following duties:
- To communicate with the Workshop Supervisor who will advise you of the current job being manufactured
- To have a good understanding and fabricate from engineer drawings
- To be able to work as an individual
- Communicate with the Workshop Supervisor any problems or issues with fabrication drawings and steel
- Report any machinery / vehicle faults to the Workshop Supervisor/Department Manager
- Ensure checks and sign offs are carried out on fabricated items alongside the Workshop Manager
- Report any consumable/PPE requirements to the Workshop Manager
- Solve problems that occur using analytical skills
- Work on site if required
You will contribute to the overall running and continuous improvement of the business, along with development of the Structure Department, by ensuring that the highest professional standards are maintained to continually improve the service given to Clients. This includes:
- Identifying problems and offering solutions.
- Ensuring the Company’s QEMS procedures are followed as they relate to Structures, and offering suggestions as to their development and improvement
- Encouraging and developing teamwork both within your team and between teams, internally and externally.