In the role of fitter/mechanic you will be responsible for maintaining the large plant & vehicles and the repairs and renewals of small plant. In this role you will report to the Plant and Transport Manager.
This will include, but is not limited to, the following duties:
- Repairing all plant and vehicles in Yard.
- Visiting various sites to conduct repairs breakdowns in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain small hand held plant.
- Carry out LOLER inspections on machinery in line with Meldrum service schedule.
- Carry out all planned maintenance in line with Meldrum service schedule.
- Liaise with office and sites keeping them up to date with repairs.
- Complete service documentation and pass to P&T office.
- Notify P&T Manager of any damages to returned plant.
- Attend regular toolbox talks and team meetings.
- Ensure a safe working environment at all times.
- Keep your company vehicle in a clean and presentable condition at all times.
- Establish and maintain good customer relationships at all times.
Skills / Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the confidence to approach people at all levels.
- Experience in large, small plant and vehicle maintenance.
- Working use and knowledge of small tools and construction plant.
- Highly organised.
- Problem solving.
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Effective planning and a strong attention to detail.
You will contribute to the overall running and continuous improvement of the business, along with development of the Department, by ensuring that the highest professional standards are maintained to continually improve the service given to Clients. This includes:
- Identifying problems and offering solutions.
- Ensuring the Company’s QEMS procedures are followed, and offering suggestions as to their development and improvement
- Encouraging and developing teamwork both within your team and between teams, internally and externally.
You will be expected to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality at all times regarding the company and its Clients. You must also work efficiently and safely at all times in accordance with the appropriate training, the Company Safety Policy and HSE guidelines.
Your ability to relate well with Clients and Staff and to maintain high professional standards is very important, alongside your ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner both in writing and verbally. In doing so you must also ensure an appropriate standard of dress and personal appearance is maintained at all times.
You should demonstrate and use initiative to carry out work with minimal supervision, including the skills to prioritise and work to strict deadlines whilst paying close attention to detail. This will be reinforced by demonstrating an enthusiastic, flexible and conscientious approach to work.
Once inducted, you should demonstrate a clear understanding of the Company’s structure, values and procedures, including the QEMS.
The main duties listed above are not intended to be exhaustive and may be revised in accordance with the requirements of the department and the company.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Meldrum is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply by sending a covering letter and a copy of your current CV to email@example.com
Or by post to the
Meldrum Construction Services Ltd
Tyne and Wear