Reporting to the Plant and Transport department you will be a responsible for operation and maintenance of the wagon.
This will include, but is not limited to, the following duties:
- Loading and unloading of plant items such as dumpers and excavators and portable cabins
- Transportation of plant to various sites
- Daily vehicle checks
- Use of the hi-ab
- Maintenance and storage of returned materials in the yard
- Swapping into the 7.5t tipper wagon for various jobs when needed
- To assist in site clearances inc materials, plant and non-mechanical equipment
- Maintain a tidy yard and adhere to Health and Safety within the working environment
Skills / Experience
- Class 2 driving licence
- Hi-ab operator’s licence
- Safe load / unload of plant
- CSCS card
- Excellent interpersonal skills
You will contribute to the overall running and continuous improvement of the business, along with development of the Department, by ensuring that the highest professional standards are maintained to continually improve the service given to Clients. This includes:
- Identifying problems and offering solutions.
- Ensuring the Company’s QEMS procedures are followed, and offering suggestions as to their development and improvement
- Encouraging and developing teamwork both within your team and between teams, internally and externally.
You will be expected to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality at all times regarding the company and its Clients. You must also work efficiently and safely at all times in accordance with the appropriate training, the Company Safety Policy and HSE guidelines.
Your ability to relate well with Clients and Staff and to maintain high professional standards is very important, alongside your ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner both in writing and verbally. In doing so you must also ensure an appropriate standard of dress and personal appearance is maintained at all times.
You should demonstrate and use initiative to carry out work with minimal supervision, including the skills to prioritise and work to strict deadlines whilst paying close attention to detail. This will be reinforced by demonstrating an enthusiastic, flexible and conscientious approach to work.
Once inducted, you should demonstrate a clear understanding of the Company’s structure, values and procedures, including the QEMS.
The main duties listed above are not intended to be exhaustive and may be revised in accordance with the requirements of the department and the company.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Meldrum is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply by sending a covering letter and a copy of your current CV.to email@example.com
Or by post to the
Meldrum Construction Services Ltd
Tyne and Wear