As HR Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the successful day to day delivery of the HR function. You will be responsible to the Group HR & Marketing Director.
This will include, but not limited to, the following duties:
• General day to day provision of the HR function.
• Ensure PeopleHR system is relevant and up to date (with the Staff Development Administrator).
• Provide support to drive / deliver greater employee engagement.
• Provide support / input to the GHMD on the creation and delivery of our People Strategy.
• Monitor and manage the training matrix, ensuring that staff have the relevant cards and certificates required to carry out their role (in conjunction with the Staff Development Administrator).
• Assist GHMD with the production of an annual T&D plan which is fully costed and evaluated.
• Liaise with GHMD and GMD re staffing requirements.
• Support the GHMD and OpCo leads / Line Managers with the recruitment and selection process.
• Manage employee on-boarding and induction process.
• Ensure all relevant staff have undergone the relevant checks including DBS checks.
• Ensure all probationary reviews are completed with the relevant OpCo leads / Line Manager.
• Ensure appraisals are completed and assist OpCo leads with performance management.
• Advising the GHMD and OpCo leads on all ER issues.
• Supporting the GHMD and OpCo leads in Formal meetings / Disciplinary hearings etc.
• Monitor and up-date current policies and procedures.
• Provide input into new policies and procedures.
• Ensure all actions are followed up.
• Work with GHMD on successful IiP accreditation and push for Gold then Platinum status.
• Reporting on all HR KPI’s to GHMD.
• Lead by example – performing duties in line with ‘Our Leadership Charter’.
You will contribute to the overall running and continuous improvement of the business, along with development of the HR Department, by ensuring that the highest professional standards are maintained to continually improve the service given to Clients. This includes:
• Identifying problems and offering solutions.
• Ensuring the Company’s QEMS procedures are followed as they relate to the HR Department, and offering suggestions as to their development and improvement
• Encouraging and developing teamwork both within your team and between teams, internally and externally.
• Have an excellent understanding and are compliant with the QEMS
You will be expected to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality at all times regarding the company and its Clients. You must also work efficiently and safely at all times in accordance with the appropriate training, the Company Safety Policy and HSE guidelines.
Your ability to relate well with Clients and Staff and to maintain high professional standards is very important, alongside your ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner both in writing and verbally. In doing so you must also ensure an appropriate standard of dress and personal appearance is maintained at all times.
You should demonstrate and use initiative to carry out work with minimal supervision, including the skills to prioritise and work to strict deadlines whilst being thorough and paying close attention to detail. This will be reinforced by demonstrating an enthusiastic, flexible and conscientious approach to work.
Once inducted, you should demonstrate a clear understanding of the Company’s structure, values and procedures, including the QEMS. In relation to this, you must advise your line manager immediately of any visits to site by external agencies such as the Health & Safety Executive, Environmental Health Officers etc.
The main duties listed above are not intended to be exhaustive and may be revised in accordance with the requirements of the department and the company.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.