As the Intermediate Level Planner, you will be responsible for the production of detailed, logical programmes for all works associated with the lifecycle phases of the projects.
In this role you will be responsible to the Senior Planner.
This will include, but not limited to, developing your experience in the following duties:
- Gathering of information and creation of reports to substantiate progress measurements, ensuring that the programme is communicated effectively both internally and externally and liaising with the Project / Site Manager and Site Engineers to ensure that the programme keeps abreast of any changes
- Have an understanding of contracts such as the JCT, NEC, ECC3 and their requirements
- Take part in project handover meetings engaging the design team, project managers / and planning best practices
- Support programme integration, formats, plan optimisation, and planning best practices
- Keep abreast of current & new planning techniques, technologies and initiatives
- Prepare progress reports based on base line programme and critical path and any other required rescheduling
- Maintain records and as built programmes
- Working with the bid team, understanding tender requirements producing tender programmes and quality submission documents
- Use of Asta Powerproject (preferred) or other planning software with the ability to adapt to Asta powerproject
- Presentation, facilitation, communication and influencing skills
- Motivated with the ability to build good working relationships and influence people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of MS Office suite (Word / Excel / PowerPoint)
- Well organised and methodical
- Able to work without day to day supervision
- Flexibility and tenacity to be able to achieve project objectives and overcome barriers to progress
- Be able to demonstrate a clear understanding / experience within the construction / planning
You will contribute to the overall running and continuous improvement of the business, along with development of the Department, by ensuring that the highest professional standards are maintained to continually improve the service given to Clients. This includes:
- Identifying problems and offering solutions.
- Ensuring the Company’s QEMS procedures are followed, and offering suggestions as to their development and improvement
- Encouraging and developing teamwork both within your team and between teams, internally and externally.
You will be expected to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality at all times regarding the company and its Clients. You must also work efficiently and safely at all times in accordance with the appropriate training, the Company Safety Policy and HSE guidelines.
Your ability to relate well with Clients and Staff and to maintain high professional standards is very important, alongside your ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner both in writing and verbally. In doing so you must also ensure an appropriate standard of dress and personal appearance is maintained at all times.
You should demonstrate and use initiative to carry out work with minimal supervision, including the skills to prioritise and work to strict deadlines whilst paying close attention to detail. This will be reinforced by demonstrating an enthusiastic, flexible and conscientious approach to work.
Once inducted, you should demonstrate a clear understanding of the Company’s structure, values and procedures, including the QEMS. In relation to this, you must advise your line manager immediately of any visits to site by external agencies such as the Health & Safety Executive, Environmental Health Officers etc.
The main duties listed above are not intended to be exhaustive and may be revised in accordance with the requirements of the department and the company.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Meldrum is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply by sending a covering letter and a copy of your current CV.to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post to the
Meldrum Construction Services Ltd
Tyne and Wear