As Quality Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring that Site Management teams are delivering projects to specification and to an agreed level of workmanship / finish. As part of this role you are expected to reinforce QEMS (Quality, Environment, Management, Safety) System compliance, particularly around the Inspection and Test Plan and the use of the correct revision of drawings.
In this role you will be responsible to the Technical Manager.
This will include, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Have an excellent understanding and are compliant with the QEMS, particularly the processes outlined in IP06
- Managing and monitoring the MCS QEMS processes at site level, including:
- Production cycle efficiency.
- Inspection and test plan (ITP’s) delivery.
- Ensuring all projects are being delivered in line with the contract design deliverables (drawings and specifications etc.)
- Ensuring contract design deliverables are being supplied to site in order to meet programme, as well as being managed effectively by the site team in order to deliver the project successfully.
- Ensuring projects complete in line with the correct processes (PC1 and PC2)
- Ensuring the temporary works process is managed and logged at site level.
Additionally, this also includes ensuring site teams are taking responsibility and are accountable for quality on site.
- Conducting Quality Audits and monitoring Site Personnel against any corrective actions required. Quality and project audits to be communicated to all necessary stakeholders.
- Aid with the training and embedding of the QEMS (including workshops etc) alongside the Operations Support Manager.
- Develop company procedures and update in line with current regulations, contractual arrangements and industry best practice consistent with the MCS QEMS; ISO 14001, 18001 and 9001. This will include identifying and communicating any relevant business improvement opportunities relevant to the role as well as developing, implementing and managing quality specific KPI’s.
- Working closely with the Technical Manager to ensure ‘stop points’ within the programmes are identified and signed off before work can progress as well as ensuring ITP’s are being implemented and are up to date.
- Advising project teams of any value engineering opportunities which arise during the performance of the outlined duties
- Fostering and driving a quality culture across the business.
- Be aware of, and comply with, the companies Health and Safety procedures. Promote the same to the supply chain and within MCS.
You will be expected to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality at all times regarding the company and its Clients. You must also work efficiently and safely at all times in accordance with the appropriate training, the Company Safety Policy and HSE guidelines.
You must hold a valid CSCS Card.
Your ability to relate well with Clients and Staff and to maintain high professional standards is very important, alongside your ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner both in writing and verbally. In doing so you must also ensure an appropriate standard of dress and personal appearance is maintained at all times.
You should demonstrate and use initiative to carry out work with minimal supervision, including the skills to prioritise and work to strict deadlines whilst being thorough and paying close attention to detail. This will be reinforced by demonstrating an enthusiastic, flexible and conscientious approach to work.
Once inducted, you should demonstrate a clear understanding of the Company’s structure, values and procedures. In relation to this, you must advise your line manager immediately of any visits to site by external agencies such as the Health & Safety Executive, Environmental Health Officers etc.
The main duties listed above are not intended to be exhaustive and may be revised in accordance with the requirements of the department and the company.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Meldrum is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply by sending a covering letter and a copy of your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post to:
Meldrum Construction Services Ltd
Tyne and Wear