In the role of Senior Engineer you will be responsible for the full design, detailed layouts and installations of all M & E projects carried out by MCS to the relevant BS standards.
You will be responsible to the M & E Manager and will be responsible for liaising with the Mechanical and Electrical junior engineers to ensure the efficient progression on all sites and offer guidance to allow progression
This will include, but is not limited to, the following duties:
- Seek labour and any other items pertaining to the M & E disciplines
- Work with Mechanical and Electrical Supervisors to ensure tools are provided to fulfil their roles (i.e. labour, tools & information)
- Manage multiple contracts at any one time
- Co-ordinate projects with site team
- Communicate with the client and sub-contractors to inform and, as required resolve minor issues
- Provide timely accurate feedback to the Department Head from the client and subcontractors covering progress to date or any other major issues as they arise along with financial reporting to the Department Manager so he be aware of monetary issues and reasons why,
- Complete and ensure all paper work is store securely, as defined in the company procedures including but not limited to, Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Rectification and day work sheets
- Provide back up for maintaining adequate labour, plant and material resources on site as agreed with Department Head to achieve programme requirements
- Ensure all site staff, operatives and subcontractors achieve outputs, standards of workmanship and quality required by the company and contract documents
- Maintain dialogue with all sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure that goods and services will be delivered in accordance with the contract schedule
- Liaise with the Department Head to ensure all drawings, schedules, information requirements or answers to queries are requested and received in sufficient time to avoid delay and disruption
- Ensure all verbal site instructions are recorded in a CVI / TQ book, dated and signed by the client’s representative and that a copy is sent to the commercial team for further action
- Ensure that no verbal instruction is actioned or any variation work undertaken until the notice is notified and written confirmation is recorded and received
- Ensure the following documentation (if applicable) is submitted to the Department Head or the Administration team for authorisation by 10.00am Monday in order to ensure no delays in payment
- Labour time sheets for all weekly paid M & E staff, operatives and labour only sub-contractors
- Signed delivery notes for all M & E materials and hired plant received on site the previous week from the Site Manager
- Schedule of all M & E materials delivered the previous week
- Schedule of M & E resources on site
- Notify the office of any damage to existing services as soon as it becomes apparent
- Ensure that only the authorised overtime is instructed to the Department Head on a weekly basis
- Maintain all relevant Health and Safety records, registers, accident book etc
- Maintain and liaise with the M & E Commercial manager to ensure all accounts are up to date
- Ensure NICEIC and Gas Safe is complied with at all times
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations
You will be expected to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality at all times regarding the company and its Clients. You must also work efficiently and safely at all times in accordance with the appropriate training, the Company Safety Policy and HSE guidelines.
You must hold a valid CSCS Card.
Your ability to relate well with Clients and Staff and to maintain high professional standards is very important, alongside your ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner both in writing and verbally. In doing so you must also ensure an appropriate standard of dress and personal appearance is maintained at all times.
You should demonstrate and use initiative to carry out work with minimal supervision, including the skills to prioritise and work to strict deadlines whilst being thorough and paying close attention to detail. This will be reinforced by demonstrating an enthusiastic, flexible and conscientious approach to work.
Once inducted, you should demonstrate a clear understanding of the Company’s structure, values and procedures. In relation to this, you must advise your line manager immediately of any visits to site by external agencies such as the Health & Safety Executive, Environmental Health Officers etc.
The main duties listed above are not intended to be exhaustive and may be revised in accordance with the requirements of the department and the company.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Meldrum is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply by sending a covering letter and a copy of your current CV to email@example.com
Or by post to:
Meldrum Construction Services Ltd
Tyne and Wear