Structures Department Supervisor
As Structures Department Supervisor you will be responsible for the effective management of an internal fabrication and welding shop.
In this role you will be responsible to the Structures Department Manager.
This will include, but not limited to, the following duties:
- To be responsible for oneself and the entire Fabrication and Welding team activity within their works
- To allocate workload to the department ensuring good communication to ensure all employees are aware of what is expected of them
- To oversee and ensure procedures are adhered to for all activities of any shop floor operative, ensure all procedures are liaised with the department manager.
- To ensure materials and equipment is available to meet the operational demands placed upon it in a safe and efficient manner
- To communicate regularly with the Department Manager and other internal departments to ensure problems are reported and resolved
- Report all machinery / vehicle faults are recorded and reported
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly paperwork are completed correctly
- Ensure that all employees are equipped and wearing appropriate PPR
- Solve problems that occur using analytical skills
- Be responsible for the overall Health and Safety of the factory floor
- Be responsible for following all the EN1090 processes
You will contribute to the overall running and continuous improvement of the business, along with development of the Structures Department, by ensuring that the highest professional standards are maintained to continually improve the service given to Clients. This includes:
- Identifying problems and offering solutions.
- Ensuring the Company’s QEMS procedures are followed as they relate to the Construction Department, and offering suggestions as to their development and improvement
- Encouraging and developing teamwork both within your team and between teams, internally and externally.
- Have an excellent understanding and are compliant with the QEMS
You will be expected to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality at all times regarding the company and its Clients. You must also work efficiently and safely at all times in accordance with the appropriate training, the Company Safety Policy and HSE guidelines.
Your ability to relate well with Clients and Staff and to maintain high professional standards is very important, alongside your ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner both in writing and verbally. In doing so you must also ensure an appropriate standard of dress and personal appearance is maintained at all times.
You should demonstrate and use initiative to carry out work with minimal supervision, including the skills to prioritise and work to strict deadlines whilst being thorough and paying close attention to detail. This will be reinforced by demonstrating an enthusiastic, flexible and conscientious approach to work.
Once inducted, you should demonstrate a clear understanding of the Company’s structure, values and procedures, including the QEMS. In relation to this, you must advise your line manager immediately of any visits to site by external agencies such as the Health & Safety Executive, Environmental Health Officers etc.
The main duties listed above are not intended to be exhaustive and may be revised in accordance with the requirements of the department and the company.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Meldrum is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply by sending a covering letter and a copy of your current CV.to email@example.com.